Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Tour of Harbor Mountain, Sitka...

Yesterday I accompanied Hank (as further training for my taxi driver job) on an hour tour up Sitka's Harbor Mountain road where amazing spectacular views of the surrounding area delighted the 2 women we were showing the sights to. The paved and gravel road winds 5 miles up Harbor Mountain gaining 2,000 feet in elevation.  This is a steep climb with sharp switchbacks. I think I will just let the photos I snapped with my IPhone camera show you a few of the views...

we could see a cruise ship docked down below...

Hank and our two passengers enjoying the view....

Islands and more islands...



this shows a bit of Alaskan "muskeg" and the scraggily trees higher up on the mountain...

I think this is pretty magnificent scenery which showcases what the Southeast Alaskan rain forest looks like. This leaves me wanting to send all my friends around the globe a postcard of these photos where I scrawl on the back "wish you were here..." I guess this blog post is a modern form of that (snort!).

7 comments:

  1. You are in your element Aurora! It is incredibly beautiful. OMG. Any of those islands for sale? ;-). I haven't seen this kind of natural beauty since Beth and my visit to Alberta, Canada. I'm SO glad you're happy, you've earned it girlfriend! Hugs! PS do you see lots of owls? What kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen an owl yet Cherie, but plenty of bald eagles and ravens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! Being a taxi driver in Sitka seems a lot like being one in Dominica, except a bit less hot. ;) It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting there ..and it does look wonderful! Nice shot of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! loving this blog, good job

    ReplyDelete